Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Books I Read Again and Again

I'm about to start a book I read about every 2 years and it started me thinking about books that I read again and again.  I basically keep every book I think I might read again some day or that I want to recommend to someone but these are the ones I have read 3+ times and will keep coming back.  Some (Twilight anyone?) aren't exactly the height of literature but are addictive and some are true classics that are both well written and enlightening.  The primary list is as follows:
Classics

1) I, Claudius by Robert Graves
2) Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott 
3) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
4) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
5) Captains Courageous by Rudyard Kipling 


Modern Fiction

1) The Princess Bride by William Goldman
2) The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenger
3) Twilight series (somebody stop me!) by Stephanie Meyer

Fantasy

1) Sabriel/Lirael/Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix
2) The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan

Children's or YA Lit

1) The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
2) Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
3) Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

No comments:

Post a Comment